I could sit here and quote Michael Scott all day, anybody else? In any situation, I can typically relate it back to something from The Office or throw in a quote. So, when choosing to start creating smoked cocktails based on tv shows, The Office was at the forefront of my mind- so expect more in the future!
In season 6, Michael Scott goes to a bar and quickly turns into “Date Mike” to impress a lady. When this backfires, he goes to the bar and the owner asks him what his drink of choice is. Michael responds simply with “grenadine”. So, I took a mixture of grenadine, his love for scotch & Splenda, and maraschino cherries and turned it into one cocktail.
Enjoy a Michael Scotch this weekend and a carefully curated episode list of Michael’s best cocktail-inspired episodes.
Season 3 Episode 18: Cocktails (Michael gags on the 20-year single malt scotch)
Season 4 Episode 13: Dinner Party (oaky afterbirth quote)
Season 4 Episode 15: Night Out (Michael orders a cup of olives and a cup of maraschino cherries)
Season 5 Episode 11: Moroccan Christmas (Michael makes a “one of everything” cocktail)
Season 5 Episode 21: Two Weeks (Introduction of Scotch and Splenda)
Season 6 Episode 21: Happy Hour (Date Mike/Grenadine)
The Michael Scotch
- 1 Cocktail Shaker
- 1 Cocktail Muddler
- 1 Smokeshow Cocktail Smoker
- 1 Kitchen Butane Torch
- 2 oz Scotch
- 1.5 oz Grenadine
- 1.5 oz Lemon Juice
- 3 Maraschino cherries- muddled
Garnish & Smoke
- 1 pinch Lemon Peel or Cherry Smoke Dust
- 1 skewered Maraschino cherry
- Muddle cherries. Shake all ingredients inside of a cocktail shaker with ice.2 oz Scotch, 1.5 oz Grenadine, 1.5 oz Lemon Juice, 3 Maraschino cherries- muddled
- Double stain into glass.
Garnish & Smoke
- Smoke with smoke dust of choice and garnish!1 pinch Lemon Peel or Cherry Smoke Dust, 1 skewered Maraschino cherry