Getting Started with the Smokeshow
How To Use Your Smokeshow
Smoke Your Drink in 5 Simple Steps!
Fill glass with Ice
Place Smokeshow on top
Fill basket with smoke dust
Torch smoke dust to create smoke
Pour in your drink & enjoy!
Tips for Using Your Torch
Filling with butane
1. Use only high quality butane
2. Fill away from open flames or sparks
3. Shake butane cylinder before filling
4. Hold torch upside down and insert nozzle into filling valve
5. Once full, let the torch rest for 2 minutes before using
Lighting your Smokeshow
1. Start with the flow regulator in the center between "+" and "-"
2. Light torch pointing away from the smoker, then point straight down into it to avoid burning the smoker itself
3. Increase distance from Smoke Dust if torch burns itself out, or intensity if smoke does not force downward
1. Do not use or fill torch near open flames or sparks
2. Do not fill or touch tip of torch while hot
3. Keep away from children
4. Use only butane gas in this torch, and store in cool, dry place
5. Keep torch locked when not in use
Show Us Your Smokeshow in Action
Recipes & Tips
Which Wood Should I Use?
Apple wood is light and fruity, and is the mildest of the wood shavings we offer. We recommend using apple wood for drinks that have lighter flavors and would be overpowered by a stronger smoke flavor.
Bourbon Barrel shavings have extra char and some of the bourbon notes mixed in. It is stronger than Cherry but lighter than Hickory. This wood pairs well with bourbon cocktails for obvious reasons but makes a great go-to for any cocktail.
Cherry wood is slightly sweet, slightly fruity, and is great on just about anything. Stronger than Apple, but still subtle, Cherry wood works well in any drink that lends well to a bit of sweetnes, but still can hold up to a stronger smoke flavor.
Hickory is probably the most popular wood for smoking food, and brings that classic smoked spicy flavor to your drinks. It is rich with deep smoke flavor and spice, and is best for cocktails with brown liquors, especially higher proof cocktails, that will hold up to the flavor.
Recipes to Try
Smoked Old Fashioned
2 oz High Proof Bourbon or Rye
1/4 oz Simple Syrup
2-3 dashes Angostura Bitters
Bourbon Barrel Smoke Dust
1 Orange Peel Twist
Place ice in rocks glass and smoke with Smokeshow. Leave Smokeshow on top while assembling drink. In a mixing glass, combine Bourbon, Simple Syrup and Bitters, and stir over ice until cold. Strain into rocks glass and garnish with Cherry and Orange Peel.
2-1/2 oz High Proof Bourbon or Rye
1 oz Sweet Vermouth
1-2 dashes Angostura Bitters
Cherry Smoke Dust
Place ice in mixing glass and smoke with Smokeshow. Pour in Bourbon, Sweet Vermouth and Bitters, and stir until cold. Strain into martini or coupe glass and garnish with Cherry.
Smoked Gin & Tonic
3 oz High Quality Gin
1 oz Tonic Water
Apple Smoke Dust
1 Lime Wedge
Place ice in glass and smoke with Smokeshow. Pour in Gin and Tonic Water, and stir until cold. Squeeze Lime Wedge over top.
Submit Your Recipes
Did you make something awesome recently? Snap a pic of it and share the recipe with us below, and we’ll share it on our blog!