|Save the Ranch Water, Drink a Beer-bon|
Up next in our tv inspired cocktails, a Yellowstone-inspired cocktail!
Yellowstone is a drama series that centers around the Dutton family led by Kevin Costner who plays John Dutton. The Dutton Family are the owners of the largest contiguous ranch in the United States. The show is set in Montana and explores the conflicts between the Duttons and their neighbors, as well as the challenges they face in protecting their land from developers and other threats.
The Duttons famously enjoy beverages in the bunkhouse, so I have created The Bunkhouse Brew! This cocktail is a play on a classic that combines bourbon and beer- yes I said it, bourbon AND beer. The Dutton’s drink of choice is a Coors Banquet and their bourbon of choice is Bulleit Bourbon. So, for this cocktail, we’re mixing those two along with the sweetness of maple syrup and the lemon tang to bring out the flavors in the lager. Mix and match your bourbon or lager of choice and see what you can come up with this weekend!
This cocktail is perfect for fans of Yellowstone, as it combines the rough and tumble nature of the show with the refined flavors of bourbon and beer.
A cocktail combining two greats- beer and bourbon.
- 1 Cocktail Shaker & Strainer
- 1 Smokeshow Cocktail Smoker
- 1 Butane Torch
- 2 oz Bourbon of choice
- 5 oz Lager of choice
- 3/4 oz Maple Syrup
- 1/2 oz Lemon Juice
Garnish & Smoke
- 1 Lemon Wedge
- 1 pinch Lemon Peel Smoke Dust
- In a cocktail shaker, combine all ingredients ( except beer) with ice and shake well. Strain into a glass (chilled glass preferably!)2 oz Bourbon of choice, 3/4 oz Maple Syrup, 1/2 oz Lemon Juice
Garnish & Smoke
- Add a pinch of Lemon Peel smoke dust. Smoke, remove smoker, pour in beer, and garnish with a lemon wedge!5 oz Lager of choice, 1 Lemon Wedge, 1 pinch Lemon Peel Smoke Dust