Did someone say margs??? Margaritas are just delicious! BUT Watermelon Margaritas might just be my new favorite…well equal to spicy margs!
Growing up, my family and I would go to our favorite local Mexican Restaurant. My grandfather would always sit down and immediately ask for “the biggest margarita you have”. As a kid, I always wondered why he wanted a drink that was larger than my head. Now, as an adult, I understand completely. 😂
Tell Me More!
I am so glad you asked! Okay, so margaritas are just so classic. There are SO many different ways to enjoy a margarita. Shaken? Stirred? Blended? Sugar or Salty rim? Limes or another fruit of choice? Cointreau or Triple Sec? The possibilities are endless. Luckily, for you, this margarita will check all of your boxes.
We chose to make this margarita in a cocktail shaker with a classic lime flavor, but with watermelon to switch it up a bit. We used Simply Watermelon in this margarita, but you can certainly juice a watermelon if you choose! We chose to put Tajin on the rim of this drink, but you can also do sugar! We also tried this margarita with a SPICY jalapeno salt on the rim and the opposing flavors were delicious. The spiciness hit your tongue and then was immediately cooled off by the watermelon flavor. Finally, we smoked it with Cherry to give it a smoky flavor! If you are trying to figure out the BEST smoke dust to use for your margarita, check out this blog where I break down each of the smoke dust flavors: Smoke Dust Pairings.
Shoot! My Smoker Doesn’t Fit My Margarita Glass!
That’s okay! Don’t panic! We know our smoker will not fit most large margarita glasses! The solution for this is to simply smoke your margarita in the cocktail smoker or mixing glass and then pour it into the glass of your choosing. No worries!
Smoked Watermelon Margarita
- Cocktail Shaker
- Cocktail Strainer
- Smokeshow Cocktail Smoker
Cocktail and Smoke
- 4 oz Watermelon Juice Use cold-pressed to save time. 🙂
- 2 oz Lime Juice
- 1 1/2 oz Tequila Blanco
- 1 1/2 oz Triple Sec
- Chili Lime Seasoning
- Cherry Smoke Dust
- Rub a lime slice on the rim of your glass and coat with chili lime seasoning.
- In a cocktail shaker, prepare all ingredients. Shake with ice.4 oz Watermelon Juice, 2 oz Lime Juice, 1 1/2 oz Tequila Blanco, 1 1/2 oz Triple Sec
- Before straining into your glass, place the Smokeshow on top of the cocktail shaker.
- Smoke with smoke dust for about 10-15 seconds and let the Smokeshow sit on top for up to one minute before removing.Cherry Smoke Dust
- Pour into prepare margarita glass and enjoy!