Writing a recipe about a piña colada, in the middle of summertime, without making a single reference to that oh so famous song that will remain nameless (I am sure you are all humming it now), was very difficult. Let’s let this drink speak for itself!
There’s something about a blended drink that just instantly transports me to a tropical island, and I’m not complaining! This Piña Colada is pretty classic, but of course, with smoke! I decided that this drink would be best enjoyed with a glass that was “smoke rinsed” beforehand, meaning smoking just the glass first and keeping the smoker on top of the glass until the drink is ready to be poured in. Of course, I always suggest double smoking the drink if you want extra smokiness!
I hope you enjoy your little tropical vacation in your living room or wherever you choose to enjoy this drink this weekend! Cheers!
I did it! Not a single reference! Now, I shall go enjoy a Smoked Piña Colada, and maybe get caught in the rain. Oh crap…
Smoked Pina Colada
- Can opener
- Butane Torch
- Smokeshow Cocktail Smoker
- Hurricane Glass
- 2 oz Dark Rum
- 2 oz Coconut Cream
- 4 oz Pineapple Juice + Pieces
- 1 tbsp Cherry Juice
- Pineapple Crown Pieces for Garnish (Do not eat)
- 1 pinch Cherry Smoke Dust
- 1 handful ice
- Start by smoke rinsing the glass. Place Smokeshow Cocktail Smoker on top of glass and smoke. DO NOT REMOVE SMOKER. LET IT REST until ready to serve drink.1 pinch Cherry Smoke Dust
- In a blender, blend all ingredients with ice until ideal consistency is reached.2 oz Dark Rum, 2 oz Coconut Cream, 4 oz Pineapple Juice + Pieces, 1 handful ice, 1 tbsp Cherry Juice
- Remove smoker and pour in blended drink directly into glass. A 2nd smoking is optional!
- Garnish and enjoy! Pop in a fun straw for an extra tropical feel!Pineapple Crown Pieces for Garnish