Sometimes I feel like Forrest Gump when we start smoking items that aren’t drinks…you can smoke bacon, you can smoke olives, you can smoke cherries, you can smoke…ICE CREAM!
That’s right! I said it! This week, we are skipping the cocktail and going straight in with a summer treat that not only cools you off, but is addictingly delicious.
Introducing, smoked ice cream! Now, I know what you are thinking…it sounds strange, but hear me out! Imagine a soft, creamy vanilla ice cream with chunks of chocolate chips, mixed with the sweetness of maple syrup. Add in smoked bourbon with notes of vanilla and oak, and you’ve got a perfect harmony of flavors. But, you’ll have to tell the kids it’s an adults only treat.
There are SO many different variations and routes you can take with this! I bet some cherries mixed in would be amazing too… 🙂 If you decide to make this recipe or put your own twist on it, be sure to send pictures!
Smoked Maple Bourbon Ice Cream
- Chilled Bowl Place bowl in freezer
- Smokeshow Cocktail Smoker
- Butane Torch
- 4 cups Vanilla Ice Cream softened
- 1/3 cup Maple Syrup
- 1/4 cup Chocolate Chips
- 1 oz Smoked Bourbon
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
Garnish & Smoke
- 1 pinch Cinnamon Smoke Dust
- 5 Chocolate Chips
- 1 dash Cinnamon
- Place a bowl in the freezer to chill.
- Meanwhile, bring ice cream to room temperature.
- Pour bourbon into glass, smoke, and set aside. Do not remove smoker. Let it sit during the entire time making the ice cream.1 oz Smoked Bourbon, 1 pinch Cinnamon Smoke Dust
- Once ice cream has softened, combine all ingredients into the bowl from the freezer. Mix well!4 cups Vanilla Ice Cream, 1/3 cup Maple Syrup, 1/4 cup Chocolate Chips, 1 oz Smoked Bourbon, 1 tsp Cinnamon
- Cover and place the bowl back in the freezer to allow the ice cream to reach desired consistency. If you want it more like a milkshake, enjoy sooner. If you want it to be thicker, you may want to leave the bowl in the freezer for a few hours.
- Scoop into a glass or bowl. Top with additional goodness and enjoy!5 Chocolate Chips, 1 dash Cinnamon