Welcome 2023! I hope everyone is off to a great start to the new year. Don’t worry if you already broke that resolution, life is too sho
This month, I wanted to focus on flavors and simple syrups. Each cocktail for the month is not only easy to make, but also a flavor explosion! This week, enjoy a Honey Sage Bourbon Cocktail smoked with Bourbon Barrel Smoke Dust.
Simple syrups are just like they sound…simple! If you have never made a simple syrup before, it is typically a 1:1 ratio of water and sugar (or sugar substitute) and another flavor profile such as a fruit, spice, or herb.
To make sure this cocktail is not overly sweet, we made the simple syrup with honey instead of sugar so that this becomes a more savory cocktail instead of sweet. The sage leaves will add the herbaceous flavor and will go perfectly with a big ol’ ribeye steak!
Finally, we twisted the orange peel over the drink to express the juices and then we lit the flying juices on fire- this happens very quickly so watch a few videos on how to do this before trying!
Honey Sage Bourbon Cocktail
- Small Pot for simple syrup
- Sealed Container for simple syrup storage
- Smokeshow Cocktail Smoker
- Butane Torch
- 1 cup Water
- 1/2 cup Honey
- 10-12 Sage Leaves Whole
- 2 oz Bourbon
- 1 oz Honey Sage Syrup
Garnish & Smoke
- 1 Orange Twist
- 2-3 Sage Leaves
- 1 pinch Bourbon Barrel Smoke Dust
- Bring water, honey, and sage leaves to a boil, reduce to simmer for 3-5 minutes.1 cup Water, 1/2 cup Honey, 10-12 Sage Leaves Whole
- Pour into air tight container and let cool.
- Combine all ingredients with ice and stir.2 oz Bourbon, 1 oz Honey Sage Syrup
Smoke & Garnish
- Smoke and garnish!1 Orange Twist, 1 pinch Bourbon Barrel Smoke Dust, 2-3 Sage Leaves