Bee prepared to shock your taste buds. This Smoked Honey Bee cocktail takes tequila to a whole new level of deliciousness! You’ll be my honey suckle and I’ll be your honey bee!
I totally understand that sometimes it is hard to think of drinks with tequila that will highlight it without making just another version of a margarita. I love this drink because the tequila truly shines through and is the star of the show! Now, to make a smoked honey bee, the process is just a little bit different than how we smoke most of our cocktails!
Smoke, Rinse, Repeat
To make the Smoked Honey Bee, you’ll do a different process. For this drink, instead of using Mezcal which gives a smoky flavor to drinks, we are going to use the Smokeshow to to give the same effect- with just a bit more fun! With your Smokeshow, smoke the glass FIRST and let the smoke sit in the glass with the Smokeshow on top while you prepare the drink in the cocktail smoker. This is called a “smoke rinse”. This method works great for smoking bourbon neat, too!
The tanginess of the lemons mixed with the powerful flavor of tequila and the sweetness from the honey, will give you all of the springtime vibes you could be looking for!
Smoked Honey Bee
- Cocktail Shaker
- Cocktail Strainer
- Smokeshow Cocktail Smoker
- 2 oz Tequila
- 3/4 oz Lemon Juice
- 1 oz Honey
- 2 dashes Angostura Bitters
- Applewood Smoke Dust
- Start by smoke rinsing the glass. Place the smoker on top of the glass (with ice in it or not- it's up to you!)
- Using a pinch of smoke dust, smoke the glass and leave the smoker on the entire time you are making your drink. Set aside to allow the smoke to percolate inside of the glass.Applewood Smoke Dust
- Prepare the drink inside of a cocktail shaker and shake with ice.2 oz Tequila, 1 oz Honey, 3/4 oz Lemon Juice
- Remove the smoker and strain into glass.
- Top with bitters!2 dashes Angostura Bitters