Raise your hand if you have ever seen Arrested Development. If you haven’t, I strongly encourage you to watch it! Imagine a family that had everything and loses it in a split second followed by a series of bad decisions….and one son who tries to keep that family together with a piece of string and hope. If you need a good laugh, the star-studded cast will guarantee you a good time!
This year, I am introducing cocktails inspired by your favorite tv shows and characters. For Arrested Development, the family owns a chocolate-covered banana stand. You’ll have to watch the series to understand the name behind the cocktail.
I personally love Skrewball, a peanut butter whisky, and the banana liquor smells and tastes JUST like the Circus Peanuts candy. If you aren’t a fan of Skrewball, swap it out for Creme de Cacao, it’ll just be a bit sweeter! Add those flavors altogether and it’s a cocktail designed for a sweet tooth!
There is Always Smoke in the Banana Stand
- 1 Rocks glass
- 1 Smokeshow Cocktail Smoker
- 1 Butane Torch
- 1 Skewer
- 1.5 oz Skrewball (peanut butter whiskey)
- 1.5 oz Banana Liquor
- 1 oz Bourbon
- 1/2 oz Simple Syrup
Garnish & Smoke
- 1 Caramelized Banana Slice (sprinkle of sugar)
- 1 pinch Cinnamon Smoke Dust
- Pour all ingredients over ice. Stir.1.5 oz Skrewball (peanut butter whiskey), 1.5 oz Banana Liquor, 1 oz Bourbon, 1/2 oz Simple Syrup
Garnish & Smoke
- Sprinkle sugar on banana slice and lightly torch to caramelize.1 pinch Cinnamon Smoke Dust
- Smoke, remove smoker, garnish wih banana!1 Caramelized Banana Slice (sprinkle of sugar)